Selling a property in New York City can be a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be with DJK Residential by your side.
DJK Residential has three offices and 40 well-trained and experienced agents. No matter what part of the city your apartment is in, our agents are familiar with the neighborhood. Our experience and aggressive marketing strategy have made us one of the leaders in the industry. We welcome the opportunity to visit your home and provide you with a free market analysis of it’s current market value.
Once the process of selling your property gets started it will be important to have a team of professionals working for you. Your DJK Residential sales agent can recommend qualified attorneys, mortgage brokers, appraisers, and accountants to help guide you or a prospective buyer through any transaction.
At DJK Residential, one of the things we are most proud of are our agents. Every one of our sales agents is well trained in the various steps of buying and selling an apartment in Manhattan. In addition, each of our sales agents is well versed in market trends, pricing strategy and negotiation technique. By fully understanding your needs, we are able to help make your transaction as smooth as possible.
Who Determines The Price?
We use a variety of means to determine the market value of your apartment such as:
- Location: This is the single greatest factor in determining the price.
- Competition: Buyers will compare and interpret value based on other available properties.
- Timing: Market conditions change and cannot be manipulated. An effective marketing plan and pricing strategy must take these conditions into account.
- Condition: Property condition directly affects the price and speed of the sale.
- Final Price: Ultimately, the NYC real estate market will determine the price. We will use all of our experience and data to calculate where the most competitive price, however, it is the market that will dictate if this price should be higher or lower.
Maximum Exposure equals Maximum Price
The math is simple…the more people that are aware that your property is for sale, the more people will see it and the more offers you will have causing the price to rise. As brokers and members of REBNY we promise to co-broke your sales listing with every residential brokerage firm in Manhattan. We will share your listing with every REBNY member and non-REBNY member. We will not deny any legitimate broker an appointment to show your apartment to their buyers.
Since we believe that Maximum Exposure equals Maximum Price we will market your property in a variety of different publications. Naturally, the Sunday New York Times Real Estate section is a must. Often we choose to advertise in specific industry publications, depending on the target market we are after. Unlike most firms, we do not assign a specific advertising budget to each property. We think of ourselves as your partner and we will do everything possible to get you the highest price in the least amount of time. We are creative in our thinking and focused on getting you, the seller, the results you expect by creating a marketing program specifically tailored to your property and your needs.
Our Marketing Plan
From the moment that you choose DJK Residential to represent you in the sale of your property, we promise to do the following in order to obtain the highest possible price for you:
- Sunday New York Times open house advertisement
- Weekly posting on the New York Times web site
- Place photographs and description on the DJK Residential web site
- Distribute the listing to every broker in the city
- Broker’s open house
- Promotional mailing to all residents in your building
- Weekly activity reports
Many people believe that newspaper advertising alone sells real estate. Studies show that in fact, buyers come from a variety of places. 75% of buyers begin their search on the internet. Not only will prospective buyers be visiting our site in large numbers, they will actually be able to find your property easily, giving your property maximum exposure. In addition we promise that every seller will have their property appear in the Featured Properties Section which appears directly on our home page.
Studies also show that nearly 40% of buyers are alerted to the property they ultimately choose to purchase by a real estate professional. For the most part, all major brokerages and their sales agents are members of a regulatory organization called The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY). According to REBNY all newly signed exclusives must be distributed to the entire brokerage community within 72 hours of having the seller sign. Every agent in NYC will know about your property, allowing us to find the right buyer, quickly and efficiently. We understand the entire range of categories from which buyers are drawn and tailor our marketing efforts accordingly.
Maximizing Your Home’s Potential For Sale
Buyers will be comparing competing properties, and very often, simple cosmetic changes can be made with minimal time and expense to increase your home’s potential. Here are a few practical tips to help yours stand out above the rest.
- Tidy Up: Eliminating clutter will make your property feel larger and brighter. Prospective buyers can explore it comfortably and envision it with their own personal touches.
- Repair: If you think something is too much trouble to fix, chances are buyers will too. Making certain repairs will allow you to present your property in a better light and to its value.
- Clean: Presenting a clean home to a buyer shows them the home has been valued and cared for.
- Prior to Each Showing: Place fresh flowers in the apartment, open all of the drapes/blinds, turn on all of the lights, make the beds and put all clothes away, turn off the televisions, the kitchen and baths should shine.
- Important Reminder: Potential buyers are much more comfortable and will be more likely to discuss how they feel about a property if the seller is not at home during the showing.